Most have heard about the amazing effects of acupuncture when it comes to chronic pain reduction and the improvement of life quality with various musculoskeletal disorders. This ancient healing method has a vast number of other physical, mental, and emotional benefits that not many individuals are familiar with. Some of these surprising benefits of acupuncture are the following:
- Mood Enhancement: Whether chronic stress, real-life worries, or imbalanced hormonal causes are behind your fluctuating mood and possible depression, acupuncture can offer significant relief. During and after the application of acupuncture needles, your central nervous system becomes stimulated and releases endorphins and other chemicals that lift your mood. The process helps you to think more positively and support your body to fight off the damaging effects of the state of prolonged anxiety.
- Headache Relief: The careful and exact placement of acupuncture needles near specific nerves have a wonderful pain-reductive effect. The endorphins released also support the feeling of the total loss of discomfort, leading to a breakthrough in your headaches and recurring migraines.
- Sleep Quality Improvement: Acupuncture increases your body’s natural ability to produce more melatonin. This hormone — when present in optimal amounts — regulates your sleep-wake cycles. Today, largely thanks to our modern lifestyle and poor sleep habits, it is often underproduced, leading to insomnia, frequent awakenings at night, or being exhausted all the time. If this is ongoing for a prolonged time, it is a breeding ground for other future health problems. Acupuncture will help restore your natural ability to fall — and remain — asleep easily, once again.
- Immune System Support: Our 21st century way of living challenges the immune system perhaps more than ever before in history. Since the immune system is our first line of bodily defense, its effective and optimal functioning is crucial. Acupuncture not only strengthens the immune system to fight back infections and other harmful threats to the organism, but it speeds up healing time as well. Another function of acupuncture is to balance the immune function that, when overactive, could lead to the development of various autoimmune diseases.
- Energy Boost: Whether you are in need of a physical or mental energy boost to combat fatigue, acupuncture can offer tremendous benefits in fighting off exhaustion or brain fog. By thoroughly balancing the body’s energetic field, an optimal set-point can be reached and all organs can function correctly. As a result, you can experience a state of ease that allows for better quality of rest and becoming pain-free. Stimulating the appropriate neural pathways leads to increased physical stamina and capacity for clear and productive thinking.
To read on benefits 6-10, click HERE.